Here are links to stories by BLENNZ teachers about their work alongside learners between 0-5 years.
The stories usually focus on one aspect of learning. The stories are grouped under the headings of the NZ Curriculum and the NZ Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whāriki.
Using Language Symbols and Text/Communication
- Building on a child’s preferences: Engaging visual attention.
- Introducing CCTVs at home to support pre-reading skills.
- Scribbling with Braille: A 4 year old begins to write his own stories.
- A young learner with low vision develops early literacy skills.
- Young student who is blind learns to communicate through music.
- Developing communication in a bilingual setting.
- Early reading experiences for a tactile learner.
- Assessing the future learning media of a 2 year old learner.
- Young learner with CVI builds Visual Efficiency skills using a Light-box.